Tuesday, May 19, 2009

and another thing

bad news first, just to get it out of the way:
none of my works were selected for the festival.

okay. done with that.

Cooley is in week two of the 2009 Trinity term, which means that I'm in my second week back at school after having withdrawn last term. I did not want to withdraw last term. Doing so made me feel lazy, weak, and histrionic. However, I am glad I withdrew, because I actually do want to do well in school and I wouldn't have had I not withdrawn.

One of my hesitations was losing touch with the Chipman class. You are a wonderful class, both in and out of the classroom. I worried that, because we are in different classes now, we would drift apart.

We haven't.

Everyone (students, professors, and staff) I encounter is unspeakably kind. Those of you with whom I have had the fortune of continued interaction have sympathized with my struggles and cheered my successes. When I go to school, I enter a community of people who care deeply for one another.

I'm flattered to be one who is so cared for and grateful for the fortunate opportunity to participate in such a community. Thank you.

No comments: