Saturday, December 13, 2008

getting personal

I finished my first year of law school.

four years ago, at about this time of year, I was desperately trying to keep my life together-- in active denial at the implications of the hours and days I just couldn't move. given as much work as I've been doing this term, I can't figure out how I actually sat for my exams, knowing that I would be having heart surgery in a matter of weeks.

[edit: last time was when I had the upcoming surgery. I'm doing great now.]

I feel like I'm standing at the peak of a very tall mountain. I'm giddy. I can't believe the distance I've covered. I can't believe I stood there, down on the ground, which seems so very far away.

but it's windy, and now I have no idea what to do with myself. every possibility is open to me, and it is all good. it is wonderful.

No comments: