Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BA GAWK!

I unloaded the kiln last night. weeeeeee!!!!

it's like giftmas.

one of my pieces cracked. it makes me wish I had a big dumpster so I could throw it and hear it break, like we did at school. one of my pieces cracked last time, too, so I think I just need to be more careful about drying. I don't think my firing technique is bad.

as for the chickens, there is only one clause to describe them: effing awesome. I'm giddy about the project. I've been leaving postcards around and giving my friends templates. I am so harassing my friends and they are such good sports.

remember:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/partyofchickens/

also, my friends are amazing in general. I don't think I tell you often enough how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you in my life.

in law school news, I now have three out of four grades back from last term. I'm pulling a B average. while I could do better, I am pleased. I am working harder (so far) this term. plus I am not dying, which is a huge advantage.

I will have a minor, outpatient surgery soonish to remove my gallbladder. yea! normal people problems! yea! fixable problems!


boo surgery.

yea! feeling better!

um.

I've spent a lot of time in the hospital and at doctor offices this past week, and so my sock yarn blanket is coming along quickly. I've reached the point where I have re-incorporated all of the yarn in the original blanket-- not all of the yarn itself, but all of the colors. I'm being more random this time around, and so I am making one square at a time. I have bobbins loaded with upcoming colors and a little box of colors used and to use. I'm glad I started over.

happy tuesday!

No comments: