Saturday, September 13, 2008

bisque

3pm
turned on the kiln. it's been raining the past few days. my studio is slightly flooded. everything is damp. if I weren't such an idiot, I would wait to fire. instead, I will just take it slow.

4pm
nothing has exploded or otherwise set on fire yet.

5pm
I had to turn up the heat a lot earlier than I expected. (4:45)

6pm
things are good. I'm listening to Mike's fake indie band. I adore this kid. you should, too.

7pm
yep.

8pm
telecom's out. oh no how can we live without tv? anyway.
increased power to 2 at 7:30.

9pm
increased power to 3. I think I waited too long to increase it to 2.
I've decided I want someone to feel like the luckiest person in the world for having me, lounging around in my worn out jeans and shelf bra tank top.

10pm
starting to glow!

11pm
increased power to 4. telecom's back up. w00t. also, check out the progress on the sock yarn blanket:


12am
everything is dandy. I'm taking an effing nap.

1am
increased power to 5.

2am
glowing!

3am
increased power to6.

4am
it's been kind of moving back a little since 1.... it's actually 4:40. anyway! things are good. glowing from the inside. I still can make out details. all cones still upright.
I made a group for my army of chickens project. it's not so much a group so that people can join, but so that all of the pictures can be in one place with an easy url.

5:45am
increased power to 7

6:45
increased power to 8

7:45ish am
increased power to 9
um. all three of my cones are still standing. (6, 8, 10). I would have expected the 6 to bend by now.

8:52am
looks like the telecom is down again.... not entirely sure, though.
the sun is up but the rain has not slowed down.
it looks like cone 8 tipped. I'm wondering if the cone 6 just didn't look like it tipped because it is too small for the holder. it would not be so great if all of a sudden the kiln increased so quickly to pass both cone 6 and cone 8 in one hour.

10am
cone 10 is starting to tip.

10:13am
success!

No comments: